Suffolk Neighbourhood Watch Association

Annual General Meeting 30th April 2014

7.30 pm start

1.  Apologies for absence

2.  Minutes of AGM held on 23rd April 2013

3.  Matters arising.

4.  Chairman’s Report

5.  Secretary Report -  position vacant

6.  Treasurer’s Report

7.  Election of Officers:

Chairman

Vice Chairman

Secretary

Treasurer

Webmaster

8.  Resolution for the dissolving of the Association

(This item will only be considered should the posts of Officers of the Association not be filled) 

‘Due to the lack of Officers to run the business of Suffolk Neighbourhood Watch Association this meeting agrees with deep regret to dissolve the organisation.

Any assets of the Association either in money or goods to be distributed by the existing committee members in accordance with the wishes of those present at the AGM, and after any debts or expenses incurred by the Association have been met.’

9.  Recommendations for the disposal of the Association’s assets.

 (This item will only be considered should the posts of Officers of the Association not be filled and Item 8 is passed.)

10.  Any other Business.

 

For details of route & location click Stonham Baptist Church

 

 


A.G.M - 30th April 2014 - Stonham Baptist Church

Suffolk Neighbourhood Watch Association
County Executive Committee Meeting
Stonham Baptist Church 7.30pm Wednesday 26 February 2014

Present: - Jim Henson (JH) (Chair) Brian Sivyer (BS) (Vice Chair) Bob Gooch (BG) (Treasurer), Peter Taber (PT) (Web Master), Claude Brand (CB)
J.H asked B.S to chair the meeting.

1.   Apologies for absence: -              There were no apologies.

 2.   Minutes of the last meeting: -   There were no minutes.

 3.   Matters arising:-                            There were no matters arising

 4.   Chairman’s report:-

 BS reported that under the chairmanship of JH no meetings of either the Committee or of the Association had been held during the past year. However, there had been numerous meetings involving JH and BS with the Suffolk Constabulary and the PCC on various matters relating to the development of NHW in the County. JH gave his reasons for the lack of meetings due to the pending appointment of a PCC, the date of which appointment kept being put back and thus subsequent meetings were delayed. JH now acknowledged that with hindsight meetings should have been held but  at the time it was not clear whether CWLO posts would survive the financial cuts and the appointment of a PCC and what the effect that would have had for the Association and NHW in the County. He had anticipated that matters would come to a head sooner than they did.  BS said that it was now time to move on in a positive manner as nothing would change the past.  PT remarked that in the past the Police had been led by the Home Office on matters regarding NHW and regretted that this no longer happened.

 5.   Treasurer’s report:-

 BG reported that funds at HSBC stood at £3621.40. Funds were also held with Scottish Widows which stood at £3500. Of the amount in HSBC £2000 was ring fenced from Suffolk Foundation for the provision of NHW signs and £300 from a Suffolk County Councillor Truelove for signage from his Locality Budget for NHW signs at Combs village. Both the money from the Locality Budget and from Suffolk Foundation needs to be used by May 2014. There is also a £3000 grant held by Suffolk Constabulary for use by NHW to be made available for NHW signs.

 BG reported that there appeared to be four active signatories to sign cheques. J. Snell, T. Fowler, J. Henson and B. Gooch. CB recommended that BG should approach HSBC to obtain a copy of the last mandate to the bank in order to clarify the situation. BG said he had tried. However, it was agreed that BG should persist so that there was doubt as to who could sign cheques. (BG to action)

 The delay in using the money from both ring-fenced amounts was due to discussions with the Constabulary by JH to get them to purchase the signs so as to avoid the 20% Vat that would have had to have been paid if Association had purchased them. This matter has not been resolved and has led to the money not being used. It was recommended that JH should obtain the signs for Combs as soon as possible to avoid losing the Locality Budget money.

6.   Constitution:-

 It was agreed that the present constitution was not fit for purpose and needed to be re-written. However, nothing should be done until after the AGM. If, at this time a full committee was elected then it was up to them to present a new constitution for adoption. If there was no committee and thus no County Association then the constitution would not be needed. The National NHW Association was currently working on a model constitution for national use based on the Sussex model – thus it may not be necessary for Suffolk to produce their own.  If Suffolk should fail as an Association then the Police would deal with the individual schemes in Suffolk. 

7.   Arrangements for the AGM:-

 It was important to promote the AGM to get members to attend. It was suggested that the Committee use Argent Press (BS to action), media such as Radio Suffolk and approach Alan Osborne to request the use of Police Direct and the CWLOs in advertising the AGM (JH to action). Also our Suffolk NHW web site should be used (PT to action).

 The date is 30 April 2014 at 7.30pm at Stonham Baptist Church.

 BS stated that a resolution to dissolve the Association would need to be prepared at the next meeting to be put forward at the AGM in case no volunteers to fill committee posts are forthcoming. There would then be the need to dissolve Suffolk NHW Association. There would also be the need to make recommendations as to the disposal of funds.

BG suggested that the financial accounts of the Suffolk NHW Association should be closed immediately. However, BS pointed out that this would be something that should only be done at the AGM and only if there should the Association be dissolved. If this were done prior to the AGM we could leave another committee without funds to continue. CB pointed out that the constitution stated that the accounts have to be closed at AGM or specially called meeting and that meeting would decide where the funds were to be discharged.

8.   AOB

BG asked for claims forms re expenses so that any outstanding amounts could be settled prior to the AGM.

9.   Date of next  Executive committee meeting.

Tuesday 15 April 2014 7.30pm at Stonham Baptist Church


 

Suffolk Show

Jim & Tim exchanging ideas.


 

Suffolk Neighbourhood Watch Association

Give us a tweet!

 

 

 

@SuffolkNWA

What's New

Events Calendar

April 2014
MTWTFSS
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
282930 

Caravan Watch

Powered by Club Care.